I learned that a lesson can be differentiated, so all types of learners can learn, including English Language Learners to Gifted & Talented students.
-High School Teacher, Midland ISD
- Collaborate with other educators while engaging with academics and corporate representatives
- Experience integrating a variety of content TEKS with English Language Proficiency Standards (ELPS) ( or your state standards- CCSS- with English language learning standards- ELD)
- Apply listening, speaking, reading, and writing into your curriculum
- Assess the rationale to teaching a diverse group of learners
- View real world issues that academics and corporations encounter, and experience the methods used when addressing problems
- Immerse in camp activities, and learn how and why the activities should be transferred into your school
- Engage in learning a new topic, and discover assessing the topic
- Emerge in Project Based Learning
Participants will earn 40 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) hours.
The Tapia Center is certified by the Texas Education Agency under CPE #101-513.
2020 Tapia Camp Schedule
PD Camp: For all K-12 Educators
Any educator interested in Project Based Learning (PBL) will gain valuable knowledge and skills at this camp. All educators are welcome. Educators will make progress toward developing a PBL project for their classrooms. Past attendees have included first year teachers, 20+ year teachers, PK-12 teachers, librarians, and administrators. You must be 18 years or older to attend this camp.
Learn about our educator motto of "Student led, teacher facilitated"
I learned that all grades can do PBL, even kindergarteners can engage in critical thinking.
- Elementary Teacher United ISD