The Tapia Center is hosting a residential Tapia-MolSSI Workshop in Computational Chemistry (June 12-17, 2022) at Rice University, Houston, Texas.
This a workshop open to all undergraduate students majoring in chemistry related fields. Preference will be given for underrepresented, low income sophomores and juniors. The workshop focuses on scientific programming skills and applications in computational chemistry that will enhance the students’ opportunity to land an undergraduate research experience, job, or internship in computational chemistry. No prior programming experience is required.
The workshop will be lead by:
- Professor Ashley McDonald, California Polytechnic State University
- Dr. Jessica Nash, MolSSI Software Scientist
- Professor Jay Foley, William Paterson University.
- Professor Richard Tapia of Computational and Applied Mathematics at Rice University, and 2011 Medal of Science Recipient
- Professor Andres Cisneros of Chemistry, University of North Texas
- Professor Sara Mason of Chemistry, University of Iowa
- Professor Angel Marti of Chemistry, Bioengineering, and MSNE, Rice University
Sign up: http://bit.ly/2022MolSSI
Thank you for signing up for the MolSSI Workshop. We hope you and your family are doing well during this difficult time. This past year coping with COVID-19 has been challenging and new to all of us. Given the fluidity of the situation, we wanted to keep you abreast of the current status of the workshop for this summer. As of today, Rice has approved all events and activities on campus for adults only. You will be required to have a COVID-19 vaccine in order to participate in the workshop, and follow the standard rules by Rice University.