This was the best Project Based Learning workshop I've had in 20 years!
- Secondary Teacher - DeSoto ISD
Fall 2020 Professional Development Workshops
Make a PBL Project
This online workshop is open for all K12 educators interested in Project Based Learning (PBL). The participants will create a PBL project for their classroom. The workshop provides the opportunity to collaborate with other educators by integrating a variety fo content for developing a real product for their online or in-person teaching.
Session 1: Saturday 8:00am-6:00pm Central Time. October 24, 2020. 9 CPE Hours
Session 2: Monday-Friday 6:00-8:00pm Central Time, November 16-20, 2020. 10 CPE Hours
$299 per educator.
For more information, and to register, please contact Dr. Leticia Velazquez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any educator interested in Project Based Learning (PBL) will gain valuable knowledge and skills in any of our virtual workshops. Educators will use a PBL project that can be facilitated in the classroom or virtually. The workshop also provides educators the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with other educators
- Experience integrating a variety of content, such as TEKS with English Language Proficiency Standards (ELPS), or Common Core State Standards (CCSS) with English Language Development (ELD)
- Develop a holistic approach to your curriculum that applies listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- View real world issues that academics and corporations encounter, and experience the methods used when addressing problems
- Incorporate basic assessment and feedback
- Use Zoom platform to incorporate into your online teaching
- Use a variety of technology to develop a real product
- Learn about our educator motto of "Student led, teacher facilitated"
The Tapia Center is certified by the Texas Education Agency under CPE #101-513.
All educators are welcome. Past attendees have included first year teachers, 20+ year teachers, PK-12 teachers, librarians, and all-level administrators.
I enjoyed the use of Zoom to collaborate throughout the session to create a project from the safety of the house.
-Elementary School Teacher, McAllen ISD