This was the best Project Based Learning workshop I've had in 20 years!
- Secondary Teacher - DeSoto ISD
Summer 2022 Professional Development Workshops
Our residential workshops provide the opportunity to collaborate with other educators and leaders by integrating a variety of content for developing and evaluating a real Project-Based Learning (PBL) product for their online or in-person teaching.
• Network with other educators and leaders
• Learn to integrate standards into PBL
• Interact with Rice University faculty
Residential PBL Workshop:
This residential PBL Workshop is open for all K12 educators interested in Project Based Learning (PBL). It includes the following: Foundations of PBL; PBL Launch; Public Products; Evaluation and Assessment in PBL; Standards and PBL; and Creating a PBL for your classroom. Participants will earn 37 CPE hours.
Dates for 2022: TBD
For more information, and to register, please contact Dr. Leticia Velazquez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any educator interested in Project Based Learning (PBL) will gain valuable knowledge and skills in any of our virtual workshops. Educators will create a PBL project that can be facilitated in person or online. The workshop also provides educators the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with other educators
- Experience integrating a variety of content, such as TEKS with English Language Proficiency Standards (ELPS), or Common Core State Standards (CCSS) with English Language Development (ELD)
- Develop a holistic approach to your curriculum that applies listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- View real world issues that academics and corporations encounter, and experience the methods used when addressing problems
- Incorporate basic assessment and feedback
The Tapia Center is certified by the Texas Education Agency under CPE #101-513.
All educators are welcome. Past attendees have included first year teachers, 20+ year teachers, PK-12 teachers, librarians, and all-level administrators.
I enjoyed the use of Zoom to collaborate throughout the session to create a project from the safety of the house.
-Elementary School Teacher, McAllen ISD